Moeda technology efforts are in alignment with the mission of Green Cross International and aims to utilize blockchain technology to accelerate the response of the combined challenges of security, poverty and environmental degradation to ensure a sustainable and secure future.
- Promote legal, ethical and behavioral norms that ensure basic changes in the values, actions and attitudes of government, the private sector and civil society, necessary to develop a sustainable global community;
- Contribute to the prevention and resolution of conflicts arising from environmental degradation;
- Provide assistance to people affected by the environmental consequences of wars, conflicts and man made calamities.
According to the World Bank, approximately 2 billion people of the world are not included on the financial system, don’t have access to a banking account, or worse, they have negative credit and are in debt.
We will fight poverty by providing women in the community with a multi-purpose digital identity and opportunities to build creditworthiness and reputation. That will enable communities to efficiently scale impact investment.
The Cooperative Banking involves decentralized autonomous association of people united voluntarily to meet their common economic, social and cultural needs through a jointly owned and democratically controlled enterprise.
Moeda is aligned with the principles of the World Council of Credit Unions (WOCCU). The leading international trade association and development agency for credit unions and cooperative financial institutions. The World Council promotes the self-sustainable development of credit unions and other financial cooperatives around the world to empower people through access to high quality and affordable financial services.
- Institutional development and self-sufficiency o Market based approaches to savings mobilization
- Increasing access to financial services through democratic participation
- Loan services emphasizing member needs and high repayment rates
- Safety and efficiency through financial management systems and controls o Assistance in developing an effective legal/regulatory framework
- International exchange among credit unions through partnerships
- Micro-enterprise through access to savings and credit services
- Support of women through awareness of gender issues.
Blockchain technology is a new, powerful tool that is already shaping the future of the Internet with simple, safe and secure transactions, bringing a new wave of Economic Opportunity and Digital Innovation. The blockchain technology facilitates the exchange of value without the need for intermediaries, enables transparent interactions of parties through a trusted and secure network that distributes certified access to data, simplifying the existing processes lowering the costs and increasing the capital efficiency.
MOEDA choose to work with Ethereum, that enables the development of custom programmed applications on top of the blockchain, like smart contracts, database access and storage. Ethereum Blockchain coupled with Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and IoT are enabling MOEDA to revolutionary innovations to building trust, immutability, transparency and traceability in transactions in both the impact financial system.
By giving impact investors real-time transparency of United Nations Sustainable Development Goals aligned projects and trust of cryptographically assured blockchain records and contracts the technology that will facilitate immediate access to provide assistance to people affected by the environmental consequences of wars, conflicts and man made calamities.
DISCLAIMER: MOEDA (Symbol MDA) MDA is a ERC20 loyalty token. A loyalty token allows contributors to show their affiliation and level of support of the impact investment. It does not represent equity in the company nor have any intrinsic value. It’s a donation. The funding will be used to develop the platform, structure operations and logistics to technically assist borrowers and a larger part will be invested into the MOEDA SEED PROJECTS revolving fund for investments into the first 100.000 Moeda project/loans. The operation management of the Moeda Seed Projects Program will be in partnership with Green Cross Brasil, UNICAFES, FAO, CRESOL, and among other credit, production and commercialization cooperative institutions.